When we imagine our significant others showering us with romance, we often think of flowers, champagne, cards, and candlelight. And sure, those gestures are nice, but I don’t think they’re the only—or even the most touching—ways to be romantic.
Tech Guy is a master at what I call Everyday Romance. He shows me several times a day how much he cares about me by taking care of the small things. For example, he:
- Fills up my car with gas
- Always, always serves me dinner before he serves himself
- Comes home at lunch and makes me a sandwich
- Has a glass of wine waiting in the fridge when I come home after what he knows will be a trying event (aka school function)
- Loads the dog kennel into my car before I take Pharaoh to obedience class
- Makes Smarty Boy’s lunch for school
- Paints the walls in the house the colors I want, even if he’s not so sure about them
Last weekend, he even finish spray painting some items I needed for the upcoming promo of In For a Penny, the first Granny Series book (Southern cozy suspense co-written with the amazing Nancy Naigle!).
So what are some of the most romantic, everyday things your significant other does for you?
October is National Popcorn Poppin’ Month. What’s your favorite kind? I’m partial to kettle corn myself!